Friday 28 May 2021

Wild animals and pets


The black sheep 
- and -
the masked bandit

A few years ago my grandmother brought a big box with holes. We were not sure what was inside the box until we heard a "baa". We couldn't believe it! A beautiful and tiny black sheep became my first pet. We prepared milk everyday to feed Ricky. We saw it growing up and how its horns started to appear. 



A few years later my second beloved pet arrived. It had the darkest sable mask in the litter. Dupetto was quite special and different from other ferrets. Its favorite toy was a plastic frog with long arms. It was a privilege to have Ricky and Dupetto in our family, we miss them. Pets should live forever!




Writing about pets brought to my mind a NatGeo's documentary. It showed the sad reality of some animals. Tons of them have lost their natural habitats (destroyed by greedy industries) and others have been abused. Furthermore, it showed some rescue organizations. They help injured animals and save them from extinction. I think these are the only two justified reasons to keep the animals in some zoos.



I want to have a dog and of course, take care of it, not like some people who keep them tied up in a small space or abandoned on the streets. This leak of love makes some dogs get stressed and aggressive making necessary the use of a muzzle.
I like dogs but if I were an animal I would be an eagle because they can fly wherever they want and see the beauty of this world from the sky. 




4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you had a sheep and a ferret as your pet. How wonderful! It was really a privilege that you had them in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that you can have these pets and I think the same, pets should live forever, when they gonne, it's very painful, but I hope you were able to be happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that you can have these pets and I think the same, pets should live forever, when they gonne, it's very painful, but I hope you were able to be happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post! I think most of us have dogs and cats for pets, I find it curious that your first pets were a sheep and a ferret.

    ReplyDelete

Changes to my study programme

Studying a health career is a great privilege and at the same time a great responsibility because Healthcare is not just treating a disease,...